Are you new to the nutrition shake universe? Let’s be real, there are so many options available that it can be difficult to sort through the different brands. One of the reasons Shakeology is so popular is because of how many different forms of vitamins and minerals are included. All of these ingredients work together to form a power house of nutrition to fuel your body throughout the day. People who love eating healthy also love to talk about it! We all want to eat healthy and be as physically fit as possible. So where to start? Reading Shakeology reviews can be very helpful when trying to get specific questions answered, or just learn how the shakes affect people in different ways.
All About Shakeology
Shakeology is a branch of the brand BeachBody, which provides fitness, nutrition, and weight-loss programs through direct distributors who are called "Beachbody coaches."
Shakeology is a shake powder that is meant to be used as a meal replacement shake, in supplement with a healthy diet and fitness plan.
These are whole-food based nutrition shakes that contains 16 to 17 grams of high-quality protein. The shakes also include:
- Digestive enzymes
According to Shakeology, they claim the benefits of using it are:
- Losing weight
- Feeling better
- Supporting healthy energy
- Curbing cravings
- Supporting healthy digestion
- Benefitting overall health
Shakeology comes in nine flavors:
- Chocolate Whey Shakeology
- Chocolate Plant-Based Vegan Shakeology
- Vanilla Whey Shakeology
- Vanilla Plant-Based Vegan Shakeology
- Cafe Latte Whey Shakeology
- Cafe Latte Plant-Based Vegan Shakeology
- Strawberry Whey Shakeology
- Tropical Strawberry Plant-Based Vegan Shakeology
- Greenberry Whey Shakeology
Shakeology Reviews from Influenster
Influenster is a website where users can review thousands of products, and Shakeology has a listing on there. Overall, reviewers gave Shakeology 4.3 out of 5.0 stars.
Some examples of things said in these Shakeology reviews include:
- "This daily meal replacement is not a meal replacement but it is packed full of nutrients, so if you're looking for a way to get vitamins added into your diet easily this may be the way."
- "It is a really delicious drink by itself (with just some almond milk) or you can add a variety of things to add some different flavors."
- "I have a Shakeology everyday for lunch -- sometimes I add strawberries if it's after a workout and I need the extra carbs."
- "I drink it every morning for breakfast and sometimes have it later in the day also for a snack or meal replacement for dinner."
- "The nutrition is excellent, and it really is a healthy superfood, rather than a lose-weight-quick shake that doesn't work."
Healthline is a reputable website provides a variety of health information.
Healthline has a complete Shakeology review, and they gave Shakeology 3.25 out of 5.0 stars.
The website also states that Shakeology can be a helpful assistant to a weight loss diet, and also might be a healthier alternative to similar products that are on the market.
However, they state that Shakeology is only meant to supplement a healthy diet and shouldn't be used on its own as a weight loss solution.
They also say that if you replace breakfast, lunch, or dinner with one of these shakes, then you will likely experience weight loss as long as you don't overeat on other meals and snacks throughout the day.
In Healthline's Shakeology reviews, they say the benefits are that it is convenient and healthier than other meal replacement shakes out there.
However, as for the downsides, they said that Shakeology is expensive and that while it contains a lot of superfoods, Shakeology doesn't list the specific amounts. There is also no scientific evidence backing up their claims, and Shakeology has been involved in lawsuits because of this.
Nutshell Nutrition gave Shakeology 4.0 out of 5.0 stars in their Shakeology reviews.
When asked if Shakeology is a scam, Nutshell Nutrition says it's not, simply due to the fact that it seems to be working well for many people.
However, they do realize that there are numerous potential side effects. These include:
- Upset stomach
Nutshell Nutrition identifies many benefits to Shakeology, including:
- Contains pre- and pro-biotic fibers
- Healthy and rich in nutrients
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Many positive results
They also identify many drawbacks, including:
- No scientific evidence to back up claims
- Contains fructose
- High price
- A lot of sugar
Fit Moms Full Plates
Overall, this Shakeology review is a negative one.
However, the reviewer is not a fan of meal replacement shakes in general.
She says that Shakeology contains good ingredients, but she doesn't believe in liquid calories. She also thinks that it is quite expensive.
This reviewer did test out Shakeology for herself for a full two months.
Her goal behind trying it out was to lean out her body, but she actually ended up gaining weight while using Shakeology. She stated that once she stopped using the shakes, she got her body back to where it was orginally.
Overall, she liked the way that the shakes tasted, but it got boring drinking the same shake every single day.
She recommends this whey protein as a better alternative to Shakeology.