So you want to drop some extra pounds? Switching out breakfast for a filling morning smoothie can really help you out. Smoothies can keep you satisfied while cutting back on calories and giving you the energy you need to tackle the whole day.
Using the kiwifruit is a perfect way to give your body what it craves in the morning. But what exactly is so special about the kiwi? How do you utilize it in the best way?
Read on to discover the secrets of this tasty treat, and learn how to make your own awesome kiwi smoothie in the process.
Kiwi Smoothie: Good For The Body, Good For The Mind
Kiwi is an oft-overlooked fruit that should really be a cornerstone of any dieter’s morning meal. These fuzzy fruits are an essential ingredient in any green smoothie for weight loss.
According to Healthline, kiwis are packed with fiber that will aid in the digestive process and keep you feeling satisfied until lunchtime. But that’s not all.
They’ve got an incredible dose of antioxidants which aid your immune system in fighting off diseases like cancer and Alzheimer’s. You’ll also get the added benefit of beautiful skin, hair, and nails.
Kiwis are a double-whammy of awesomeness in that they give you a boost of energy and concentration while still promoting a good night's sleep. What could be better than that?
They’re also a low energy-density food. This means they’ll help keep you full, so you can shed those pounds easily.
Do you really need another reason to dive right into these kiwi smoothie recipes?
4 Kiwi Smoothie Recipes You Have To Taste To Believe
A kiwi smoothie is one of the most nutritious ways to get energized in the morning.
We’ve compiled this list of the most awesome kiwi combinations out there, so you can have your daily dose of deliciousness without doing a bunch of research.
1. Morning Mealtime Banana And Kiwi Smoothie
This Fitness Magazine smoothie will have you out and about in no time. With these ingredients, you’ll have energy all day:
- ½ banana
- ½ kiwi fruit
- 2 tsp maple syrup or molasses
- ½ cup Greek or low-fat yogurt
- ½ cup ice cubes
Blend everything up, and you’ll have a delicious drink in no time flat. This smoothie nets you just 155 calories. You’ll sip happily while still being able to tighten up your belt a few notches afterward.
2. Green Tea And Kiwi Smoothie
This smoothie is featured on the Skinny MS website. It has leafy greens full of protein and sweet berries to ensure great-tasting goodness. And of course, kiwi.
- 1 banana, frozen
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 1.5 cups brewed green tea
- 1 kiwi
- 4 frozen strawberries
- 2 cups kale
Blend everything together until the texture is silky-smooth. This is a sweet treat that gives you the added energy boost of antioxidant-rich green tea. You’ll be able to get through the day without any lethargy.
This kiwi smoothie has 200 calories, so it won’t be a burden on the belly either.
3. Tropical Paradise Fruit Smoothie With Kiwi
This tropical kiwi smoothie is chocked full of energy-boosting fruits. Weight Loss Resources recommends it as a breakfast replacement:
- 2 kiwis
- 1 mango
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 75 ml Greek or natural yogurt
- 2 tsp honey
Prepare the mango and kiwi by coring and peeling them. Afterward, combine everything together in the blender and blend until smooth.
Calorie counts vary depending on which ingredients you use, but you should top out around 200.
Bonus: Kiwi Smoothie Add-Ons
Looking to get a bit more out of your smoothie? Check out these cool add-ins to give you energy and extra antioxidants:
- Matcha Powder: Prevention recommends adding a tablespoon of matcha for energy. This green tea powder is full of antioxidants, EGCG, and caffeine. Your energy will go through the roof.
- Flax Seed: These wonderful super-seeds come highly recommended by the Food Network. Sprinkle them into your smoothie for extra omega-3s, protein and a kick of fiber to aid in digestion.
- Chia Seeds: For the most satisfying smoothie in the world, just add chia seeds. The New York Times reports that sprinkling in some chia will help keep you feeling full for longer.
- Acai Powder: Adding Acai Powder to your morning smoothie will give you a healthy boost of antioxidants. This add-in can turn a “meh” smoothie into one of the most nutritious ones around.
A Kiwi Smoothie Morning Makes The Whole Day Better
Drinking a kiwi smoothie in the morning will help you drop weight while still feeling full and satisfied.
Preparing a smoothie is quick and easy, and having your breakfast in liquid form gives you a portable meal you can take anywhere.
You’ll feel happy, healthy, and energized throughout the entire day when you make smoothies your go-to morning meal.
So what are you waiting for? Get your blender whirling.